The Common Mommy Denominator

I'm a Mom. I need adult conversation. I need to talk about the banalities and the excitements of life, and be understood by the masses. Most of all, I need feedback. Let's chat. You about yours, me about mine, us about ours. Let's find and discuss the Common Mommy Denominator.

Monday, October 19, 2009

The Ubiquitous Update

In case you hadn't been apprised...I'm supposed to go in for a tummy tuck this Thursday.

That said, I have a RAGING head cold, and have been informed that it is entirely up to the doctor whether or not he wants to cut me up while I'm sick. They'll get back to me this afternoon once he's out of surgery (on someone else).

If I were a plastic surgeon and my 31 year-old might wind up hacking up a lung a day or two after I cinch together her stomach muscles (ever notice just how much work your abs do to make you cough?), I might decline until she were better...but that's just me.

So here I am, all nervous, and even worse now that I have the possibility of postponing my agony...not to mention the fact that I'm just plain miserable thanks to sinuses stuffed full of mucuous. Ugh.

I'll keep everyone abreast of the plans (if I were having a boob job, that would be really funny!) and we have even borrowed my dad's video camera to create a vlog of the process...so you'll get to see the nastiness in all its grandeur...IF it happens this week. We'll see. Until then!

5 comments:

Miller Family said...

Good for you. I am seriously considering one after I'm done having kids. You'll have to let me know how it goes. Good luck and I hope you feel better.

Kim said...

Hope you feel better. It is agony to put things off. Good luck!

KJ said...

Wait until your healthy.. sucks, I know.. my PROFESSIONAL opinion. Love ya, Kelly RN

Audrey said...

So, I need you to vote on my blog and let me know if you can photoshop heads from any of those shots to heads of any of the others? Honestly, I was thinking of you when we took the pics thinking, "Jessica can fix anything!!!"

Unknown said...

Hi Jessica
Sorry for not getting back to you personally about the post you left on my blog way back when - I will explain but first, do you have a private way of contacting so i can do some family history research for you? Thats if you are still interested. I cannot see an email address online for you (very wise mind!)
Best Wishes
Hannah