The Common Mommy Denominator

I'm a Mom. I need adult conversation. I need to talk about the banalities and the excitements of life, and be understood by the masses. Most of all, I need feedback. Let's chat. You about yours, me about mine, us about ours. Let's find and discuss the Common Mommy Denominator.

Friday, May 29, 2009

The Face of the Earth

We are still on it. Just thought I should mention that.

It's been busy lately; this last week-plus has included a FULL day with Kim and the kids at Disney (courtesy of Kim's neighbor, who works there and signed us in!), Jason on business first in Chicago and then in Phoenix - in the same week! - a farewell girls' night for Kim, a full-day Saturday family project to attempt to transplant some sturdy tomato seedlings (proven semi-successful so far...we'll see!), three movies (thanks to M&D and Kim watching our kids on two seperate occasions) - Earth, Angels and Demons, and Star Trek, (we haven't seen this many movies within this amount of time in...YEARS!) a YM/YW activity at our place as part of Iron Chef, with special ingredient Corn Flakes, (our team won!) our final week of watching Bella, a crazy search for a three bedroom apartment in OC (and we've found a few possibilities...for only $1750.00 a month!), and finally, the packing-in-preparation-for-leaving of Kim's apartment.

In other words, there's been very little to really discuss on the blog, but no time for discussing.

And with that, now that everyone knows I'm still alive, I'm signing off to go get the kids ready to take them to hang out with Kim and Bella on their last day here. Have a great weekend, all...

4 comments:

emily said...

there is a 3 bed 2 1/2 bath for rent next to us for $1550 i think... they were going to town on fixing it up but im not sure if its still for rent. call my mom and she can tell you

Audrey said...

I love the special ingredient! How funny.
And $1750 a month? That's absolutely terrible!!! You must live in California or something.
And movies, ahhh, I remember those days. Though I do have to say that the cost of going on a date to the movies gets about the same reaction as your rental cost. Yikes!

KJ said...

Hey, my 3 bedroom apt. in TX is $1410.. what's the world coming to???

Cory CL said...

So, I know a house that just sold for $210 across the street from us that would be cheaper than your rent...hint, hint! ;)
xoxo