The Common Mommy Denominator

I'm a Mom. I need adult conversation. I need to talk about the banalities and the excitements of life, and be understood by the masses. Most of all, I need feedback. Let's chat. You about yours, me about mine, us about ours. Let's find and discuss the Common Mommy Denominator.

Friday, May 1, 2009

Hot Mormons

So, we're in the news again, thanks to some guy putting together a(nother) RM calendar. Haven't heard? (I thought everyone had.) It seems he found a bunch of active, hot returned missionaries and put together a calendar of all of them...shirtless. In fact, there have been 2 or 3 of these calendars thus far, and he's currently working both on another and on a Hot Mormon Moms calendar.
By the way, he's been ex'ed, whether over the calendar or other infractions, no one seems to know for sure, and because of his excommunication, as is BYU's perogative as a private institution, his degree has been revoked.

So, without offering my opinion (which some of you can guess because you know me so well), I'm wondering what you think of these calendars. Amused? Horrified? Ambivalent? Irritated? Ready to audition? Please feel free to comment on this entry if you wish to explain yourself; otherwise, vote in the poll at left! I really want to know!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Well I think its a little bizarre but I guess we dont know the full story. It seems harmless to me, and I think the taking away of his degree is pretty harsh and unrelated. However what about the guys in the calendar? Are they real mormons? Were they excommunicated?
H

Elizabeth Sereno said...

i think its funny... these members agree to it and its nothing more than what you see if these guys were at the beach. so i don't think its at all inappropriate... i haven't ever seen these calendars... but i think its funny. and in good spirit

angela said...

just passed by to thank you visit on my blog, I dont know if there is any thing close to pitangas in USA, I am almost sure is tropical fruit.

KJ said...

I just knew you'd get a kick out of this! I can't stop laughing. Funny how the models aren't being excommunicated!

Adrienne said...

So funny!
And, hey, since it's a Mormon calendar, all the teeny boppers (is that what they're still called?) can have hot pics of men in their room and the parents can't get mad, right?
That situation doesn't apply to my upbringing, since my mom did have a Chippendales calendar on our wall when I was thirteen, but hey whatever justification a young girl can get her hands on, right?
It reminds me of girls camp when we weren't allowed to bring face cards with us. So someone, somewhere, came up with prophet cards. It's exactly the same thing as face cards, but with pics of the prophets. Yeah, that makes it so much better! Excuse my eye roll - it was involuntary...
But seriously, I'm laughing really hard..... and wondering where the auditions for that mommy calendar will be... ;)

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now. Keep it up!
And according to this article, I totally agree with your opinion, but only this time! :)

Anonymous said...

Not bad article, but I really miss that you didn't express your opinion, but ok you just have different approach