The Common Mommy Denominator

I'm a Mom. I need adult conversation. I need to talk about the banalities and the excitements of life, and be understood by the masses. Most of all, I need feedback. Let's chat. You about yours, me about mine, us about ours. Let's find and discuss the Common Mommy Denominator.

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

It's a Miracle, People!

The Biohazard unit went into the Bob & Vicky's today...and found their cat, Bandit, ALIVE! (NOTE: The photo at left is NOT Bandit, but the best I could find that looks like him on google images.) He's been in there for the last WEEK with them without food or fresh water, and yet he LIVES! They fed him, pet him a bit, and now he needs a home...and FAST. He's about 14, shy, quiet, affectionate, and ready for a home that will protect and shelter him for the few years he has left. I have major cat allergies, and I don't know of anyone off the top of my head looking to bring in a cat, but I can't bear the thought of him being taken to animal control only to be put down when he's survived what he has this last week, so if YOU - Yes, YOU! - know of anyone who would love to add a cat to the family, somewhere there are two people who I know would be eternally grateful, and there's a sweet white-with-gray-patches cat all alone in the apartment across the way just awaiting his fate who would certainly be equally as grateful. (Oh, and you'll have my undying gratitude as well!) So please...ask around - AND HURRY! - and then let me know ASAP! The front office even has a cat carrier for you!

2 comments:

Miller Family said...

That is crazy about your neighbors!! You think you know someone!! Do remember the BIG lady across the street at Oxford? The one who use to lay down and garden...anyway, she passed on and we saw the body bag leave the house. We assumed it was her since it was a pretty big body bag, and we never saw her after that. I hope you get really nice new neighbors :)

Unknown said...

I'd love to have a cat, but alas, my husband is horribly allergic and if I were to ask to rescue this poor kitty he'd probably tell me to let it die. I LOVE cats. But have a cat hating husband. C'est la vie.