The Common Mommy Denominator

I'm a Mom. I need adult conversation. I need to talk about the banalities and the excitements of life, and be understood by the masses. Most of all, I need feedback. Let's chat. You about yours, me about mine, us about ours. Let's find and discuss the Common Mommy Denominator.

Friday, February 6, 2009

He Sure Told Me!

Tyler was in trouble yesterday for something-or-other, and I sent him to his room for time out, as usual. "Tyler, go sit on your bed!"

His response? An obnoxious and defiant "FINE!"

My reply? "And you better watch your mouth when you speak to your mother, too!"

And then the colloquialism was revealed as just that: a colloquialism. His frustrated return? "I CAN'T SEE MY MOUTH WHEN I'M SPEAKING TO YOU!"

DUH, MOM. How can I possibly watch my mouth when I talk to you?

And I struggled to remain stern, but lost in the end because, let's face it: he sure told me!

6 comments:

Jessica Garthe said...

Don't you hate it when the happens. Our children are getting smarter and smarter. But they are so cute and funny! Gotta love them!

Unknown said...

hilarious!

MARIA DEL CARMEN said...

GRACIAS POR TU VISITA Y COMENTARIO
SALUDOS!!

Chelsea Stewart said...

That's so funny! He's a smart little boy!

Cory CL said...

Fav kiddie story of the year so far! He's has his mother's wit!
Well done!
xoxo
Cory

About the Owner said...

I LOVE Tyler! Cutest boy ever, smart as a whip, outgoing and funny! I miss him so much.