The Common Mommy Denominator

I'm a Mom. I need adult conversation. I need to talk about the banalities and the excitements of life, and be understood by the masses. Most of all, I need feedback. Let's chat. You about yours, me about mine, us about ours. Let's find and discuss the Common Mommy Denominator.

Monday, December 29, 2008

Update on the LA Times...

Got a call this morning from a Steve Hymon...really nice reporter from the LA Times asking if, instead of including my letter in print, he could post it online in their LA Now section; it seems he's in the transportation division of the paper, and the editorial department passed on my letter to him.

We chatted for a few minutes, expressed our dismay at the ludicrous nature of the aforementioned incident, and he said he'd be using his reporter privileges to seek out the contact information for the offending driver and ask if he had any comment. Awesome, huh?

Anyway, wanted to give you all the update, and the link to my (edited for "privacy"...you actually have the license plate number here on my blog!) letter on LATimes.com. Enjoy! Ooooh, and comment, too...even better there than here! (And I'll never say THAT again!)

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2008/12/like-stories-ab.html

4 comments:

Kim said...

That is so cool that your letter was posted. I see some crazy things driving to work from time to time as well. I was once driving with my oldest brother when my first neice was a baby and he was reading the newspaper and I was like you are crazy. Good job jess!

Constantin Acheaua said...

Thank you for your comment on my blog.

Shauna said...

Great Post! Come enter the giveaway on my blog :) ♥ Hugs!

Unknown said...

Crazy!! How fun to have it put on their website too! anyone else find the last name of the reporter amusing?? sorry...couldn't help myself..