The Common Mommy Denominator

I'm a Mom. I need adult conversation. I need to talk about the banalities and the excitements of life, and be understood by the masses. Most of all, I need feedback. Let's chat. You about yours, me about mine, us about ours. Let's find and discuss the Common Mommy Denominator.

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

While I'm On Cute Things Mia Says...

This was one a good one. See, Mikayla asks for water the following way:

"Mommy, battow-be."

She has recently learned a new favorite phrase: "Mia do eet!" (When you ask her to say "Mikayla" she says "Mia," so that has become a new nickname. It makes me think of Mia Farrow, oddly enough, but I digress.) This was followed shortly thereafter by "I did it," emphasis on the "I." (The phrase came into vogue, by the way, when Mikayla was hanging ornaments on the Christmas tree. After each ornament she hung up - or pressed against the tree and allowed to drop to the floor - came an "I did it!" yelled at the top of those little lungs.

So here's the good one, because thus far these are all just rather cute.

The other day we were taking Tyler to school and the kids had brought some water-filled sippys in the car...and once Mia was all buckled and ready to go, she said (the sippy sitting in her lap), "Mommy, battow-be."

I turned around and said, with mock teasing, "Mia, you HAVE water! It's in your lap!"

She looked down, perplexed, spotted the sippy, and yelled:

"MOM-MY, I BATTOW-BE DID IT!!!"

Okay, so it wasn't quite in the right order, but she has the general idea...and I confess, I like her sentence structure better.

No comments: