The Common Mommy Denominator

I'm a Mom. I need adult conversation. I need to talk about the banalities and the excitements of life, and be understood by the masses. Most of all, I need feedback. Let's chat. You about yours, me about mine, us about ours. Let's find and discuss the Common Mommy Denominator.

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

No, Really, I DO Need a Boob Job!

Today I was watching Bella, and Tyler was at school so I sat Magoo and Bellagirl on the couch with the Little Einsteins and hopped in the shower for the first time in 2 days. (I'm a Mom. You understand.) Now, 'Goo has this habit of opening up the shower door and greeting me with a big "Ow yooou tateena towoo?" (That's Mikayla for "Are you taking a shower?") "No, kid, I'm taking a nap." Yes, I'm in the shower...now please close the door so I can enjoy what warmth I have left.

But this time she didn't close the door...she just turned around and walked away, and less than a split second later Bella's little face poked through to say hello...but instead of "hello," she asked, and I quote:

"Jessica, where your boobies go?"

Aaaaaaaaaaah, the honesty of children.

I'd like to use the excuse that because my hands were above my head (I was washing my hair) everything sort of stretched and flattened out.

The truth of the matter is, I don't know where they went, Miss Bellagirl. Not the foggiest idea. They were there 5 years ago, but then they just sort of...vanished.

"Where your boobies go." That is a statement that will haunt my dreams until I'm able to find them again in some doctor's office. "Where your boobies go." Huh. I really don't know...but last I saw them, they were so gigantic, thanks to breast feeding, that I didn't know what to do with them. Maybe that's why they went away. I didn't appreciate them enough. But seriously, who appreciates their fourth bout of mastitis? Or their first, for that matter?

"Where your boobies go?"

Yeah. Gonna go sleep on that one. And I'm going to fall asleep on my stomach, mind you, because ain't nothin' there to get in the way. "Where your boobies go?" I just don't know, kid. And with that...goodnight.

7 comments:

Kim said...

Ah! That is great! My kid is hilarious. Sometimes she will say wow momy you have big boobies...well yeah compared to you kid. LOL!!!!

Jim Mitchell said...

Hey there, thanks for the comments on my blog ( although I don't understand how you found it or why you don't seem to be interested in guitars or building instruments) anyway Yes the CBG has a Mickey kind of look but around my neck of the woods we are very much into the mouse. That being said I like your blog you are a very good writer...

So as I said before thanks for the comments you have a cool family. Lastly my wife and I have a couple of sons 17 and 22 however we are in the process of adopting a little girl from China. If you are interested in that story the blog is listed on my profiles. Take care - Jim

Jim Mitchell said...

Hey there - Thanks for taking the time to comment on my CBG looking like the mouse.... Around my house that's not really a bad thing. I have to admit I don't really understand how you found your way on to my blog. You don't seem to be interested in guitars or building musical instruments. But it has been nice to get to meet you anyway. You are a very entertaining writer and it seems that you have a very cool family. I don't know if you are interested but my wife and I have two sons 17 and 22 and now we are in the process of adopting a child from China. You can find the blog listed in my profiles. Lastly - Boobs are slightly over-rated I'll take a solid relationship and a life time of memories any day.... Keep the faith - Jim

Adrienne said...

LOL! It's so true and sad, isn't it? You think that you have these humongous big boobs while you're breastfeeding. Then when you stop nursing, what happens? Not only do they lose their blessed perkiness, but they also SHRINK! How rude are the fates?
Oh well, that's why I shop at Victoria's Secret. No one besides me and hubby know the extent of my booblessness, and it is going to stay that way, by jingo!

Mark Koltko-Rivera said...

Ow. I mean, OW.Thanks for taking this in good humor.

Must ask: what do they say when Daddy's in a cold shower?

KJ said...

I breastfed Chandler for 20 months... Thank Heavens for Victoria's Secret Ultra Sexy Padded bras...otherwise I'd be mistaken for a 10 yr old girl.

About the Owner said...

Your blog is so interesting and fun to read. So of all things why do I choose to comment about the boob thing?? I think it's because we women are deeply affected by how childbirth changes our bodies and it's just something nobody talks about. I'm still waiting to see what damages my last child has done to my boobs since I still haven't weaned him yet. I'm really scared to find out! I've told my hubby about how cute my pre-baby boobs were (that was 17 years ago!) because he never got a chance to see them and of course he gives the politically correct answer that all husbands give, "oh honey you're beautiful." But still, I can't help but mourn them. My only hope is that the resurrection someday restores them to me!