The Common Mommy Denominator

I'm a Mom. I need adult conversation. I need to talk about the banalities and the excitements of life, and be understood by the masses. Most of all, I need feedback. Let's chat. You about yours, me about mine, us about ours. Let's find and discuss the Common Mommy Denominator.

Monday, April 20, 2009

Real Quick...

This weekend BIT, primarily because Jason had to work like the slave public accountants are expected to be, but on Saturday he took a couple-hour break so we could go as a family to rent a surrey-bike in Newport! (We also had dinner at my folks on Sunday, which did not bite...WE bit. Food. Anyway...)
Can I just say HOW FUN that is?!?! No? Well, I just did...it is SOOOOOO fun! Jason and I got to sit next to each other and pedal a surrey down the boardwalk (all the way from Balboa Pier to Newport Pier and back!) with Jason steering, and there was a bench-basket in front for the munchkins. I wish we'd had our camera with us, but I've included a stock picture so you get the idea.

It cost $25/hour for the size surrey we "drove", and avoiding boardwalk traffic was half the fun. I fear that Jason's side of the bike had to do most of the work because the steering column was attached, but it was still a great ride, the kids loved it, and I couldn't get enough of the people we passed by commenting on how cute our kids are and what an adorable family we have. (It's rough to be so stinking cute!)

Anyway, we returned about 10 minutes early, the kids had a blast, and it was an odd - but fun! - memory for us all. If you get a chance, fun times, people!

1 comment:

Jessica Garthe said...

That really is fun! John and I did that once pre-kids and have been wanting to do it again with kids. Maybe this summer we will try it out. Glad you got your hubby for a few hours. Better then none.