The Common Mommy Denominator

I'm a Mom. I need adult conversation. I need to talk about the banalities and the excitements of life, and be understood by the masses. Most of all, I need feedback. Let's chat. You about yours, me about mine, us about ours. Let's find and discuss the Common Mommy Denominator.

Monday, November 10, 2008

Hiccups (Hiccoughs?)

However you spell it, my uvula (don't know the spelling on that one either!) has been wiggin' out for the last little while...(Kim explained why we end up hiccing up...thanks, Kim!) and I finally realized...I know how to cure it!

In fact, I've always known I knew how to cure it, it's just that, over the last hour, I seem to have forgotten than I know how to end it.

Mommy brain at its worst, people.

So I just de-regulate my own breathing...breathe hard and quick two or three times (all through the mouth), then one long, slow breath, then a few short, faltering, repetitive inhalations, (I don't know how better to describe it...you'd understand if you saw it!) and repeat the process at random for, oh, I don't know, 20 or 30 seconds.

Never ever fails me. Except this one time. But that doesn't count. Besides, a spoonful of sugar and a glass of water solved that case of hiccups.

Anyway, next time you get the hiccups (which, in this house, we HATE), try it! AWESOME!

Oh, and...my hiccups are gone. :)

1 comment:

Cory CL said...

U R the hiccup Queen aren't you? Thanks for the call last nite. No we weren't having family time...we were painting our basement. We used a paint sprayer, so by the end of the night I was covered in paint. White hair, white eyelashes, white nose hair. It was a new experience to say the least. Talk soon, it might be tomorrow though, today is CRAZY!!!
xoxo
Cory