The Common Mommy Denominator

I'm a Mom. I need adult conversation. I need to talk about the banalities and the excitements of life, and be understood by the masses. Most of all, I need feedback. Let's chat. You about yours, me about mine, us about ours. Let's find and discuss the Common Mommy Denominator.

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

"Sarah M."

For some time now, I've been receiving some really ugly and foul comments on my blog from a woman with the above-mentioned name, all regarding prop 8. Interestingly, she's never once argued a valid point or had any sort of intelligent argument...just been incredibly hateful, which is exactly what she's accused me of being since I'm in favor of 8.

So here's the interesting test: Since Prop 8 has won, I'm interested to see if she blasts me as a bigot again "destroying the families of her gay and lesbian friends". It's been about 2 days now with no word from her (because I refuse to post or reply to her hideous comments), and I'm wondering if she's finally given up.

By the way, I'd like to make it known that I'm NOT against civil unions, which allow "partners" the opportunity to enjoy all the rights and privileges of opposite-sex couples as far as benefits, etc. (I am AGAINST same-sex couples being allowed to adopt or "create" children, but that's another matter entirely.) I think anything that encourages long-standing support and relations is a good idea, "gay" or "straight". I AM against redefining marriage, however...and voted that way, and am so thankful that it passed! The voice of the people may not prove to mean very much to liberals (particularly in the long run, when already we see them beginning court cases against Prop 8's passing not hours after the people have spoken!) but in the meantime, we took a stand, said our peace, voted our hearts, and did what we know to be right.

We were slandered and stomped on for it (check out the anti-Mormon ad that the no campaign created...some of the most obscenely bigoted crap around!), but we survived...and won.

And now that it's all over (and what a relief that is!) I will support President Obama (though I certainly did not vote for him, he will need the support of the people to fix the myriad things wrong with our nation) and get on with life...

...and leave politics to my political blog! Thank you for your patience (and SUPPORT!) in the fight for Prop 8...and stay tuned to see if Sarah is a gracious loser, or a grumpy girl. :)

10 comments:

Welcome Parents said...

Ilove your comments.
Ali Thompson

Daytrippingmom Media said...

I found your blog through your comment on Ali's blog and I couldn't agree with her more. Loved your comments.I just read your political blog and love it too. It's funny because I have a political blog like yours but I tend to lean to the other side with some issues.
I still can't get over how many times we have been accused of being hateful and bigots when all we have done is stand up for what we believe.

Aracely Worley
www.worleys.blogspot.com
and daytrippingmom.com

Jessica Martiele said...

Aracely...what's your political blog web address???

Daytrippingmom Media said...

Hi Jessica,
Making new bloggy friends is always so much fun. I didn't realize you are in the Anaheim stake- President Worley is my father in law. Small world!!Are you in first ward? We used to live in Anaheim second ward but we moved to YL about two years ago. My other blog is in a state of blue- i haven't written in a while. It's inastateofblue.blogspot.com- I wrote a couple of posts and deleted some but your blog totally has inspired me to write some more. Love your blogs and your family is adorable!! The star wars picture is so cute. I love it - sorry for this long comment. :) Hope you don't mind me following your blogs :)

Anonymous said...

Here is a google spreadsheet of all the donors who voted no on Prop 8. It is far from over.

If you are going to promote hate on your blog if you are going to put my name on your blog...Be prepared for everything to be copied and given to my lawyer and the Human Rights Campaign because it was.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pe2023SzWXxE8wYX5qWeoIw

Anonymous said...

If any references to Sarah M. is not removed from your BLOG within 24 hours...Your blog will be linked up to over 150,000+ and growing within ONE DAY Repeal Prop 8 supporters and I will PUBLISH your blog on my website.

Anonymous said...

This post has been copied. Sarah Mueller has NEVER e-mailed this person. The writer of this blog is lying and a copy of this post will be given to my lawyer.

Sarah Mueller has NEVER e-mailed the writer of this blog. Sarah Mueller does not even know the e-mail address of this person.

If you put a blog on the public INTERNET and people COMMENT, do not ACCUSE THEM OF E-MAILING you. YOU ARE LYING....YOU MAY GET SUED.

Jessica Martiele said...

Comments come to my email inbox for approval. I have corrected the entry to state "comments on my blog." The mistake has been corrected. Additionally, until Sarah commented below and identified herself, please note that I did not use her full name in my blog.

Jessica Martiele said...

By the way, Sarah has already published my blog name on her website. So much for 24 hours.

Anonymous said...

so much for gracious... these protesters don't seem to know what that is. WE VOTED AND YOU LOST! Sorry. Such a green, money hungry world we live in. People should just realize that California is not infavor of Gay marriage, and if it is such a problem I'm sure MA would welcome them with open arms. Relocation is something that many people have had to do in order to persue the "freedoms" they sought. By all means, go... please. You just might be happier there and find "fairness" so people can stop being sore losers! I'm so over the dramatics... are you 5?