The Common Mommy Denominator

I'm a Mom. I need adult conversation. I need to talk about the banalities and the excitements of life, and be understood by the masses. Most of all, I need feedback. Let's chat. You about yours, me about mine, us about ours. Let's find and discuss the Common Mommy Denominator.

Monday, March 30, 2009

INFESTATION!!!

Um...well...actually...do three cockroaches in five days count as an infestation? Because I'm beginning to think so.

Maybe I'm jumping the gun...just a little. Maybe it takes one a day to be a true infestation. But doesn't three in the same apartment in under 120 hours suggest a serious problem...at least looming???

Anyway, it's official: I've killed three in the last five days as of this morning. Did anyone else know that they could hang UPSIDE DOWN underneath a desk? Makes me wonder if one will leap onto my knee when I'm sitting at the dinner table tonight. Nastiness.

At the same time, at least I didn't wind up with one crawling out of the drain in my bathtub, like my friend Audrey (as per her comments on my last roach-related entry...check it out.) EEEEEEWWWWW.

Okay, enough with the roaches already (literally and figuratively). AZ reports start in just a few minutes! Oh, and speaking of Audrey...and Teresa, and Jared & Kathy, and the half-dozen other people I grew up with that I didn't call when we were there...I'm sorry. We were just so wrapped up in family stuff...well, anyway, I'll be sure to phone next time!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Do you know, its cockroaches that are my worst memories of being in Florida on holidays (well I think- that and not so nice stepmothers!). Two of the places we stayed had cockroaches, regularly found on shower curtains and, well, everywhere. They were often tempted into Cockroach Motels thank goodness, otherwise they found themselves down the loo also known as Six Flags Atlantis! British Cockroaches are slightly smaller, thank goodness!