The Common Mommy Denominator

I'm a Mom. I need adult conversation. I need to talk about the banalities and the excitements of life, and be understood by the masses. Most of all, I need feedback. Let's chat. You about yours, me about mine, us about ours. Let's find and discuss the Common Mommy Denominator.

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Wall-E and the Roach

Tyler loves Wall-E. (We're back, by the way, and more on that asap!) I think the little roach in Wall-E that springs right back to life every time he's run over is adorable. In fact, I can still hear Eve chuckling as said roach roams through her circuitry.
That said, in the last 4 days, I have killed 2 roaches in my own home.
NOT adorable.

Never had roaches before, though I confess, we had one in the kitchen once sometime last year, and that was shortly after I'd seen another down by the elevator, but since then? Nothing. And I was hoping to keep it that way.

Not so today. Roach # 2 reared its ugly head on my desk as I sat down at the computer anticipating an hour or so of blogging. I chased that bugger around the desk until it fell to the floor where I summarily crushed it with a folder...only to see it run when I lifted the folder off the carpeting. I should have known better - never try to kill an insect on carpeting! - but I kept at it, beating it again, smushing it with the flat of my hand between carpet and folder, then lifted the folder to watch it scurry toward the table. A third squashing left a dead roach on my carpet...or so I thought. I turned around again to see the hobbled, dirty little beast making its way as quickly as it could under the desk, where it finally met its end (or, rather, lost its end) thanks to my chair leg. I went to scoop it up with a tissue, of course, only to see it drag what was left of its back end farther from my looming form, and scooping with a tissue rapidly became crushing with a tissue.

And I'm afraid of spiders. Aaaaah, the irony.

Wall-E's roach? Cute. Roach in my home? DIE, NASTY LITTLE BUGGER, DIE!!!!!!!

More soon. After all, I've got two weeks of AZ and Julie here to catch up on...not to mention the Korean Bathhouse! (DUH-DUH-DUUUUUUUUMMMM.) Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Audrey said...

So, you were in AZ and didn't call me? You should be ashamed of yourself.
As per the roach, you know they totally and completely disgust me as well. When we moved into our apartment here in AZ the first morning I went to take a shower and two antenae poked through that circle thing in the tub and another roach started to crawl out of the drain. I screamed and jumped and Derek came bursting into the bathroom like there was a serial killer in there. Grossness. I hate those things.