The Common Mommy Denominator

I'm a Mom. I need adult conversation. I need to talk about the banalities and the excitements of life, and be understood by the masses. Most of all, I need feedback. Let's chat. You about yours, me about mine, us about ours. Let's find and discuss the Common Mommy Denominator.

Friday, January 2, 2009

The Fabulous Jessica Garthe!

http://www.jessicagarthephotography.com/ Check out Jessica's website here...she's a professional (who has done lots of weddings) who is branching out her business, and she's fantastic. Anyway, here's the Bradshaw/Sidles/Flores family, including my folks, sister and her hubby. Thanks again, Jessica!!!
It seems rather miraculous, really, that everyone was actually looking at the camera in this photo...especially when two of the subjects are 4 and 2! So there's Nona, Papa, Tyler and Mikayla, Kate and Victor, and Jay and I. I love how Mikayla is laughing at her attempted escape, and Tyler is clasping his hands like he's in a choir. :)

The kids can't get enough of Nona and Papa, and this is a great picture demonstrating that...

I'm actually rather relieved to have had a matched set of boy and girl...they'll compete their whole lives through, of course, and occasionally battle each other to the pain, but at the very least, they're a boy and girl, so there's really no comparison in some areas. Oh, and they love each other. I'm pretty grateful for that, too...even if this adorable picture also suggests a wrestling move...

Okay, the best part of this shot is obviously the way the sun caught the kids. They both look angelic, (all four grandparents would say "of course," and mom and dad would claim that that's completely fraudulent!) and even a little surreal. If your Christmas card still hasn't arrived, well, this is the photo on it. :)

I don't remember the last time Jay and I had professional pictures taken together. In fact, the last "professional" that took pictures of JUST the two of us was probably Sears Portrait Studio a few months after we were married...which means a good 7 years ago or more. Anyway, I really like this one.

Thanks again, Jessica!

9 comments:

Lu Evans said...

Thank you for your comment in my blog.
I also liked your blog. your children are beautiful!
We wish you a very fabulous New Year!

Luciene & Michael

kissme said...

wow, your kids are adorable

Andrea Vaz said...

Wow...i loved your blog! I also liked the picture of your children. I think that your family is very special.

I am single woman and not have a child. But i will visit this blog with often.

Thank you for comment in my blog. It is only beginning.

Happy new year!!!

Andrea

Helena said...

Very nice pictures! You have a lovely blog!

Cottagecheap said...

Love your site, so far! Thanks for visiting and commenting on my 'gift giving'. I am a Dave Ramsey girl, so yeah...'no debt' is great!

I love your family photos and we have one MORE thing in common....our DHs are JAY! :D

I love the Star Wars photo!

Anonymous said...

Gracias Jessica...recibí tu felicitación en mi blogger..
te deseo lo mejor para ti y toda tu familia en este año 2009.
Saludos desde Barcelona.
Hasta siempre.

Casulo dos Fios said...

Thank your for your comment in my blog. You have a beautiful family and your blog is great. I will follow it.

I do sell by net, but I dont know what is paypal or ebay..... I will check it out and give you a feed back. (Sorry for my english.)

Wish you and your family a magic New Year, from Brazil, Cris.

LuizPhe said...

I am Brazilian, and my name is Luiz, administrator of blog: www.blocodevidro.blogspot.com I looked at and I perceived that you left a commentary. He would like to know if you liked it ours blog? Thanks a lot for the attention. happy new year
blog does not leave to visit ours

Cheryl Ann said...

Awwww...how cute! What a lovely family!