The Common Mommy Denominator

I'm a Mom. I need adult conversation. I need to talk about the banalities and the excitements of life, and be understood by the masses. Most of all, I need feedback. Let's chat. You about yours, me about mine, us about ours. Let's find and discuss the Common Mommy Denominator.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Yo-Ho, Yo-Ho...

Turned on Fantasia 2000 this morning for a few minutes while the kids had breakfast/got dressed for school...and Tyler couldn't wait to see the part with the pink animals and the yo-hos.

Huh?

Turns out, he was excited for the part that shows flamingos playing with yo-yos.

But I think I'm just going to let him keep calling them yo-hos. I'm just that kind of parent. Child cuteness at the expense of correctness. But yo-hos? You have to admit, that's pretty cute.

Anyone to try walking the dog? I know we've got a yo-ho around here somewhere...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So thrilled to have found your refreshing blog thru your comment on my blog!! I so appreciate your taking time to leave a comment, and such a really awesome one - gave me the warm fuzzies :o) Wish we were neighbors - I would love to have a cup of coffee over snacks and talk life,

Nancy ~ inkblocks

Cory CL said...

Yo-ho's. I think I use to hear the older kids say that exact same thing as a greeting. Sure let him keep that term, he'll get multiple uses for it! ;)
xoxo
Cory

Apelsinsmycken said...

Thank you! Including shipping charge it'll cost 12 dollars.

Kim said...

Love it! I do not correct Monkey-girl when she says something that is the wrong way...it is too cute. Your kids are so cute!