The Common Mommy Denominator

I'm a Mom. I need adult conversation. I need to talk about the banalities and the excitements of life, and be understood by the masses. Most of all, I need feedback. Let's chat. You about yours, me about mine, us about ours. Let's find and discuss the Common Mommy Denominator.

Thursday, January 22, 2009

An Innate and Natural Talent

It's a talent, it really is. Innate, natural...a God-given gift bestowed...upon my children.

What is this amazing gift, you ask? This talent unmatched by adults? It's better if I illustrate my point.

Take this afternoon: I'm lying on the couch, having a small snooze, when suddenly Magoo climbs up on my chest...and immediately sends her foot into my overfull bladder. The second it is moved, her brother has appeared at our side, and leans on his mother - with his elbow - to poke, prod, and generally irritate his sister. What magic spot does that sharp and heavy little elbow find? You guessed it...my bladder. At this point I'm reduced to complaining, and the elbow is removed. Just as I again begin to relax and shift, my daughter decides she's had enough of mom and proceeds to climb OFF her mother, finding as a foothold - of course! - my bladder.

In case you haven't yet deduced the innate and natural God-given talent so expertly and constantly manifested by my children, it is this: they never, ever, ever fail to land a well-timed blow or lean a perfectly-executed pressing upon my inevitably full bladder. They are, indeed, masters of the sport. Every time, without fail.

Sigh.

Excuse me; I think I need to visit the restroom...again.

No comments: