The Common Mommy Denominator

I'm a Mom. I need adult conversation. I need to talk about the banalities and the excitements of life, and be understood by the masses. Most of all, I need feedback. Let's chat. You about yours, me about mine, us about ours. Let's find and discuss the Common Mommy Denominator.

Monday, January 19, 2009

My New "Blog" Friends...

Okay, they're not officially my "friends," but you know how the blogging world goes...you stumble across someone else's blog, and you're in immediate photographic heaven. I've added a few new favorite blogs to the column at left, but allow me to introduce you to Hannah & Simon's Our Little Empire (they're in the UK) http://ourlittleempire.blogspot.com/ found there (click the link), and Dennis's (he's in South Africa) http://artistslicense.blogspot.com/ found there. Hannah & Simon stop and take photos of the places they visit from time to time, as well as photos of where they live...and though they are not "professional" photographers, I guarantee you the next time you come over you'll see a few of their "amateur" photos adorning my walls, thanks to their generous willingness to allow me to print them. (What I wouldn't give to live in a place where the sights predate 1900 and nature consists of more than palm trees and beach!) Dennis doesn't bill himself as a professional, either, but his photos, rather than "just" beautiful, capture moments in life as they happen...in a place most of us cannot possibly comprehend. His thoughts about those moments are recorded along with the photos, and are as touching as those of a poet.

Take a few moments to peruse their blogs...and maybe make a "blog friend" across the pond or on the southern tip of another continent. Their photos are visually stunning and I so much appreciate their willingness to share the talent about which each of them are so modest. Thanks again, Simon, Hannah, and Dennis!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Certainly. It was and with me. We can communicate on this theme.