The Common Mommy Denominator

I'm a Mom. I need adult conversation. I need to talk about the banalities and the excitements of life, and be understood by the masses. Most of all, I need feedback. Let's chat. You about yours, me about mine, us about ours. Let's find and discuss the Common Mommy Denominator.

Monday, January 19, 2009

Inevitably...

It's Monday morning, and already I need a nap. To make matters worse, it's a national holiday, and my husband has to work. (Gotta love busy season!)

My kind parents have offered to take the kids to Disneyland for a few hours today, so what am I going to do with all that free time? Meet Kim at the gym and then run some errands. (Hey, I'm saving $6 for Kid's Club and getting my errands done in half the time that way...don't judge me!)

Actually, I really enjoy the gym, particularly when someone is there to work out with and talk to (instead of focusing on my own misery on that elliptical/stair climber/ab machine) (so thanks, Kim!) and the chance to spend 15 minutes (okay, an hour) at a Fresh & Easy all by myself sounds like a holiday to me, so come to think of it, maybe it won't be half bad!

We'll see. Either way, it's a holiday without my husband on holiday, so I'm starting the day bitter and sleepy (after tossing and turning all night). I'm not seeking pity...but maybe a little empathy. Anyone relate?

Happy MLK, Jr. day, by the way.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yeah, i have to work because my company doesn't offer today as a paid holiday... but nate's company does. how unfair.